Linn Park is the greatest place in Glasgow for children of all ages - from prams to those with bikes.
There are four Play Areas:
- By Netherlee Hall in Linn Park Avenue - with parking,
- Near the Seil Drive entrance off Old castle Road: NO parking . . .
- Behind the Mansion House in the park: NO access by car - but a great place for adventurous kids.
- The Adventure Playground off Netherlee Road [Weekends only] - with plenty of parking.
To see the locations - click here.
Toilet facilities exist at the Adventure Playground [Weekends only], and at the Linn Park Golf Club.
There are a number of nearby shopping areas, namely
- Coftfoot Roundabout [Buses]
- Cathcart [Trains and Buses]
- Old Cathcart [Trains, Car parking in side roads]
- Cafe Costello
- Old Smiddy Pub
- Netherlee [Buses, Car parking at Netherlee Hall, and Adventure Playground]
- The Derby Cafe
- Muirend [Trains and Buses]
A few notes for parents and dog walkers ....
One of the biggest causes of blindness in children arises when they rub their eyes having touched dog mess. It is a fact of life, but we can all do a lot to prevent it:
- Glasgow City Council promote the Your Dog Your Mess, Bag it and Bin it,
- East Renfrewshire Council promote something similar,
If you see a dog which has made a mess and which the walker has failed to spot, please let them know IMMEDIATELY.